The Department of Skills Development, formerly known as The National Vocational Training Council, is one of the Departments under the Malaysia Human Resource Ministry, responsible for the co-ordination, monitoring of skills training as well as skill career development programs. After the completion of the course or program, the trainee will be awarded with Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) from Department of Skill Development.
Department Skills Development function are :
- Assess Training Requirements
- Develop, Approve And Revise The National Skills Standard
- Implement The National Training Certification Programmes
- Promote Skills Training Systems
- Assist And Enhance Skills Proficiency Of Individuals, And
- Guide Learning / Research Programmes Related To Skills Training.